This morning, I was reading a list on Pinterest when Katie walked into the room and wanted to see what I was looking at. So I showed her:
The Top Ten Things Kids Really Want Their Parents To Do With Them
1. Come into my bedroom at night, tuck me in and sing me a song. Also tell me stories about when you were little.
2. Give me hugs and kisses and sit and talk with me privately.
3. Spend quality time just with me, not with my brothers and sisters around.
4. Give me nutritious food so I can grow up healthy.
5. At dinner talk about what we could do together on the weekend.
6. At night talk to me about about anything; love, school, family etc.
7. Let me play outside a lot.
8. Cuddle under a blanket and watch our favorite TV show together.
9. Discipline me. It makes me feel like you care. 10. Leave special messages in my desk or lunch bag.
After she read the list, I asked her if there was anything she would add or change.
“Um… don’t discipline me!”
HA! I really LOVE that girl!!